As we sail into the middle of summer, we thought to provide a few Strong Roots summer meals for you to try out over the coming weeks. The first is a light, healthy and filling Garlic Roasted Sweet Potato & Chickpea Salad. This dish can be whipped up in just under 30 minutes and is perfect for lunch to eat at home or bring with you to work, which will save you money just in time for your summer hols! Just follow the simple recipe below and let us know if you added any of your own ingredients.
500g Strong Roots Garlic Roasted Sweet Potato
1 tin cooked chickpeas well drained and rinsed
½ red onion
100g flat leaf parsley
½ teaspoon lemon juice
1 garlic clove crushed
3 tbsp tahini paste
2 tbsp water
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 pinch salt
1. Preheat the oven to 200 C.
2.Arrange Strong Roots Garlic Roasted Sweet Potato and chickpeas on a single layer on an oven tray.
3. Bake for 23 minutes turning over twice.
4. Make the dressing, combine lemon juice, garlic, tahini, salt, water, and oil.
5. Add more water if needed.
6. Toss everything together and serve.